Laurelhurst PTA Fundraising: An Overview
Every year, the PTA funds essential programs, staff and enrichment opportunities at our school, including a music teacher, our artist in residence program, a reading specialist, sound partners tutors, math tutors, science enrichment, STEM night, Literacy Month, field trips and much more. The PTA relies on generous donations of time and money from our parents and community to provide these opportunities to our students.
The PTA has four main fundraisers throughout the year:
- The Direct Giving Campaign. (Spring 2017) The Direct Giving Campaign is an easy, no hassle way to donate directly to Laurelhurst. 100% of contributions go directly to our kids. No volunteer hours, no volunteer effort . Watch for details this fall (and the red envelopes!)
- Kids Carnival. (Oct 28th, 2016) Bring your whole family and join our community for an evening of harvest games, prizes, activities, and dinner. This is a volunteer-driven event. Watch for sign-ups in October and take a shift with a friend….it’s a great way to meet parents, get to know kids and support your school!
- The Auction. (December 2nd, 2016) The annual auction is the PTA’s largest fundraiser, providing close to 70% of the PTA’s operating budget. The Auction consists of both an Online Auction and an Auction Night, which is a fun adult-only evening of dinner, drinks, and bidding.
- Ice Cream Social. (June 9th, 2017) The PTA wraps up its yearly fundraising with the Ice Cream Social. The whole community turns out for fun, sun, games and ice cream.
- “Free” Fundraising. The PTA participates in a number of programs that donate directly to the PTA, without you having to spend an extra dime. These include purchases at Office Depot, any purchases through AmazonSmile, and the collection of BoxTops for Education. These “fundraisers” are very easy to participate in, of no extra cost to you, and can help fund the PTA year round!