This February, SHARE the LOVE and donate to our Warm Coat and Glove Drive
Benefits LES /SPS students and Mary’s Place (housing for Families in Transition in Seattle)
February 6th– February 19th, 2017
Show you care! You CAN make a difference in your world, for your fellow students and in your schools!
This Valentine’s Day, show you care and consider donating :
A gently used coat (any size) or gloves, or a new pair of gloves
Where? Collection boxes in classrooms
How? Label (please attach a tag or bag the item and then write) your contribution with your child’s name and teacher’s name / grade
When? Feb 6–>Feb 19
Why? Because you care, right?
Class with most participation will be eligible for one of 3 prizes:
- Pizza day
- Popcorn/ movie
- Popsicle day
Looking for a way to volunteer?? Consider helping us!
Limited time commitment (seriously!) as little as 1 hr, to as much time as you can!
Contact: [email protected] for details
Ways to help:
- Making posters, cutting out visual aids (hearts, gloves, coats)
- Distributing boxes to classrooms
- Collecting coats/ gloves from classrooms to storage, and tallying counts/ placing visual markers on classroom doors
- One 2 hr stint of driving to collect coats, and to drop off coats
- Contributing to funding prize for classroom who collects the most
- Make stickers/ labels that say “I cared for another student today“ or just donate generic heart stickers for donations
– Many thanks from your Laurelhurst PTA