Laurelhurst PTA October News
A month of fantastic gatherings – lots to celebrate and appreciate!
We have had some terrific events this month, and we want to take a moment to say THANK YOU to our dedicated, creative, and resourceful volunteers who brought us the Annual Spaghetti Dinner, STEM Night, the Watch D.O.G.S. Kick-off Pizza Party, and Friday night’s Kids Carnival. Hundreds of students and their families attended each one of these evening events to play new games, connect with friends and support our school! Christina, Lisa, Bobby, Jincey, Steve, Lisa, Anna, Christine and a host of helpers who did jobs big and small – you rock!
And then there are the great programs the PTA is bringing to our students at school. Just a few things you may see in and around the building on any given day this month:
- Walk-to-School month – get ready to bring in those calendars!
- Reflections projects underway at home and school – creative juices flowing!
- Art Explorers – look for the beautiful Gaudi-inspired mosaics in the halls
- Vocal and Instrumental Music – filling the lunchroom with music
- Tutors at hall tables and in classrooms helping students with math and reading
- Artist-in-Residence Kim Newall teaching art techniques in classrooms
- Teachers (and students!) bringing lessons to life on electronic whiteboards
All of these and more add up to….
423 Reasons to Direct Give!
That’s 423 students at Laurelhurst as of October 1st, each of whom benefit everyday from the enrichment, classroom and teacher support, and parental involvement we bring. Every gift, of any amount, contributes to our kids’ school experience. Our campaign ends this Friday. Any gift you give this week will be doubled thanks to the generous match of three Laurelhurst families. So turn in that red envelope, or give online at www.tinyurl.com/givetolaurelhurst and help us finish the 2014 Direct Give campaign with a bang!
Amy Barss and Linda Chou
Visit our new website at: www.laurelhurstpta.com